Frequently Asked Questions
FiatMatch is a peer to peer money transfer marketplace. With FiatMatch, you can exchange currencies with people just like you at a good exchange rate and low fee, saving you time and money.
Once you sign up, we carry out the verification process within minutes or up to 24 hours. This is important to keep our platform and community safe.
Once you’re verified, you can immediately start exchanging currencies and sending money in 4 simple steps:
- Input the amount and currency you want to exchange
- Explore the available offers in our marketplace and select your preferred option
- Negotiate with the buyer (if need be)
- Send money to your recipient and they’ll receive it within minutes
For a more detailed guide, watch this video or visit this page.
You can reach us via:
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social media i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn (@fiatmatch)
We are currently fully operational in the following countries - Canada, USA, UK, Nigeria, India, Mexico, China, Philippines, Egypt, Bangladesh, Pakistan, UAE.
You’ll want to try FiatMatch because it saves you money and time by giving you access to multiple currencies and offers that you can choose from, and send money at a transparent and affordable fee. FiatMatch is for those who want options and the best value for their money and time.
Yes, we have a mobile app you can download both on Google Playstore and Apple store.
We’re in the process of creating one.
Yes, you do. The account creation process on FiatMatch is straightforward and fast, it should only take a few minutes.
No, you will be asked to create a nickname upon sign up. This is what other members will see when you interact and negotiate with them.
The date of birth on your FiatMatch account must be your real date of birth as it appears on your government-issued ID. If you made a mistake when registering (e.g. you mistyped your date of birth), please reach out to us via email@example.com.
- Login on the FiatMatch App
- Click on “Forgotten password?”
- You will be redirected to a page where you can input your email address
- Once you fill in your email address, you will receive an email containing a password reset link
- Click on the link and reset your password.
The name on your FiatMatch account must be your full legal name as it appears on your government-issued ID. If you made a mistake when registering (e.g. your name is misspelled), please reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The address on your FiatMatch account must be your full residential address. To change your phone number or home address, log in to the app and go to My Account details. If you no longer have access to the phone number on your records, please reach out to us via email@example.com.
You can change your email address on the FiatMatch app, simply login and visit the “My Account details” page. If you need help with this, please reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, you can via the “My account details” tab on the app.
Yes, there is. We verify everyone who creates an account with us. This is to help keep every member of our community safe.
Within 24 hours
Government-issued identification documents such as an international passport or driver's license.
As soon as you create an account with us, you’ll be prompted about the verification process and guided by on-screen instructions.
We require you to upload a Government-issued ID and complete a liveness check. We will then take some time, usually within minutes and up to 24 hours to validate your documents.
As soon as you create an account with us and indicate your country of residence, we will let you know the specific documents required from you.
Your information is kept confidential and secure via our bank-graded security system. We only use your information and documents during the verification process.
This is our secure online marketplace where you can explore currency exchange offers or create an offer that gets matched to people just like you who have been verified.
Yes, you absolutely can! Here’s how:
- Set the currency you have (e.g. CAD) and the one you want (e.g. NGN)
- You'll be presented with a list of offers (rates), you'll also see the mid-market rate for the day to help guide your decision. If you don't like any of the offers, simply select "I don't like these offers"
- You'll then be asked to post an offer: select the amount and currency you want to exchange, set your preferred rate, limit and expiry date. Then input the recipients details (only us can see this)
- We will then match you to top offers based on your request
- Select the best offer and send money to us in the currency you have
- Done! Your recipient receives money in their local currencies within minutes
Yes, you absolutely can! Simply click on “negotiate” and you will be able to send a private message to the seller to negotiate. Kindly refrain from sharing personal information such as your name, phone number or email address, this is for your security. Private chats are moderated and anyone who defaults may be removed from the platform.
Yes, you can. Inasmuch as your offer has not been accepted by anyone yet.
All currencies of the following countries are available - Canada, USA, UK, Nigeria, India, Mexico, China, Philippines, Egypt, Bangladesh, Pakistan, UAE
You can have as many offers as you need per time
Yes. We ensure the transaction is carried out safely by acting as an escrow, i.e. freezing funds from both parties before they are sent into the recipient's accounts. We will also disburse the funds to your desired recipient's bank account.
When using either a community offer or vendor offer, we charge a fixed fee of $5 to facilitate the transaction on both ends, and that's all. Unlike others, we will never markup our exchange rates which helps you save a minimum of 80% on every transaction.
On FiatMatch, if you want to exchange and send $1,000, you pay $5 only. There's never a markup on the exchange rate or any other fee. However, if you use alternative platforms, you’ll be charged a markup/spread on the exchange rate + an international transfer fee depending on the country you’re sending to. So, you end up spending between $40 to $80 in hidden fees.
FiatMatch is here to change that and put more money in your hands.
No, we don’t and we never add FX spreads to our rates. You’re guaranteed to get the best value for your money because of our transparency and you being in control of your transactions.